4.07.2011

Melancholy and roly poly's and thank you's


Okay okay, I know my last post wasn't the most uplifting thing ever, but to be honest, I've been feeling quite melancholy lately. My heart is hurting and it feels broken. The thing is, my heart doesn't have a reason to be sorrowful.

Anyways, since I used last post to vent, I'm using this one to appreciate. The best medicine for a grieving heart is gratitude. I'm thankful for this blustery April day, for having a puppy to keep me company on a neighborhood stroll, and for roly poly's... I love 'em.

My color of the day is cornflower blue: a color that reminds me of a reflective pool of water. Although my reflective and contemplative nature can seem slightly socially awkward at times, I am indeed grateful for it anyways.

To my friends, thank you for teaching me that there are indeed friendships worth fighting for. I appreciate you for being patient with my eccentricities and for helping me when I don't know how to put coolant in my engine and for being understanding when I get overwhelmed and flaky.

To my family, I'm grateful for the unconditional love you give me, even when I snap at you or make decisions that you don't understand. That's all... 'til next time!