2.01.2011

Somewhere out there...


You've heard the phrase "location is everything." Well lately, it has been... everything that's on my mind, that is. Where I am, where I should be, where I'm going, where I want to go, where I'm needed, where I belong.

Place is such a powerful thing. Different places hold different atmospheres, different spaces, different opportunities, and, potentially, different lives. Here in San Diego, I've been to the beach four times in the past week.... and it's "winter." Believe me, I'm not complaining about it, but there are certainly many times when I feel it's the right time to move on. Of course, as soon as I embrace the possibility of leaving, something (or someone) bigger than me whispers ".... not yet."

There is an aching inside of me to get out into the world. But I'm trying to be present and wait. Patience is the hardest thing everrrrrrrrr. Seriously. So if you see me meditating and drinking tea and think to yourself- who is this person and what happened to Ashley? just know that I'm trying to let it be and trust that it will happen when it's supposed to. This new Zen thing is actually kinda working for me.

Color of the day is wisteria, which is a lavender-colored flower. I mean, that color just screams serenity, right? Well, it would if it weren't so gosh darn serene.