11.03.2011

channeling Forrest Gump.

Day 3. Of what? one might ask. To which I would reply, oh my training for a marathon. Well, technically a half marathon, but considering my limited running ability it might as well be a million miles. The goal feels a little far at this point.

I mean, I consider myself an active person. I'm a fan of hiking and camping and having dance parties by myself and even going to the occasional exercise class. But somehow no matter how "active" I am, I never quite reach "athletic." And this marathon thing... it's for athletes. 

I started with a two mile run with a friend who is helping me train. She has successfully completed FOUR half marathons despite being a self-confessed "non-runner" before. Inspirational. So we ran- her with her light feet and unhindered breath while I dragged my feet and sounded like the Big Bad Wolf. Just call me Beowolf. Growl.

Color of the day is blush- the red color of my cheeks an HOUR after my run. Yes, an hour. My entire body hurts, but I shall prevail. 

Countdown to athleticism: 11.3 miles, 129 days.

I got this.