7.30.2011

Malawi, ndakondwa kukuonani (I am happy to meet you)

In seven hours, I will see San Diego get smaller and smaller until it is out of sight. I will fly over mountains and fields, rivers and oceans, and Monday morning my feet will touch Malawian soil. I will breathe Malawian air.

My only purpose there is to let God shine His light through me. I'm there to be His hands and His feet and to provide a tangible expression of His love.

Of His amazing, everlasting, unconditional love.

Whether I'm ready or not is of little consequence. Whether I have it all together or not doesn't matter. I've doubted and I've been excited. I've been nervous and I've been filled with joy and hope. The beautiful thing is that I will never have it all together and God doesn't make me rely on my own strength, wisdom, or capacity to love, all of which would fail me. He is with me always.
"Ah, sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak. I am only a child."
But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. But do not be afraid, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.
Then the Lord reached out His hand and touched my mouth. He said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth."
Jeremiah 1:6-9
I think I was meant to go to Africa, I mean, after all my favorite movie ever is The Lion King. I want to watch an African sunrise and sing "The Circle of Life." And I want to see Rafiki. The color of the day is aquamarine, the color of Rafiki's bum of course!

Thank you for all of the support and encouragement I've received in this journey. Please keep my team in your prayers these next couple of weeks. Pitani bwino